The Christmas countdown is on! I’ve got my Rudolph jumper and sparkliest yoga pants at the ready for the big day. On the hunt for a yoga gift? I’ve rounded up a sleigh full of treats – perfect gifts for yoga lovers. I wouldn’t mind finding any of these under my tree (hint, hint).
Have a browse and remember there are no rules against buying presents for yourself – wrap it, put it under the tree and pretend you can’t remember who it’s from 😉
1) Namaste Jumper: Wrap this beauty up for any style savy yogi. A cosy companion to and from the mat.
2) Patterned Yoga Strap: Belts tend to be purely functional, not so with the gorgeous geometric patterned strap. Eco-printed in an extra long design. Stocking friendly.
3) Pressed Paris Candle: Candlelit yoga anyone? This yoga gift has notes of muguet, oak moss, amber and vanilla and a 40-45hr burn time (that’s a lot of yoga).
4) Daily Greatness Yoga Journal: I’m an advocate of keeping a gratitude journal. This epic planner combines gratitude with a yoga practice journal, goal setting, self-inquiry and check-ins to keep you committed, conscious and motivated. Plenty of inspirational quotes thrown in too.
5) Graphic Leggings: Fancy yoga pants don’t have to be pricey. TK Maxx has a fab range of handsome prints. I love this black and green graphic style.
6) Gaiam Print Yoga Mat: Gaiam make excellent mats. This pretty design is non-slip, durable and lightweight. Or, if you’re feeling creative, check out Yoga Designed, where you can design your own mat.
7) ToeSox: In winter, socks are a must for me. Keep your feet warm with these grippy socks that allow you to spread your toes as wildly as you like.
8) Tree of Life Tote Bag: Take your mat to class in this lovely embroidered tote bag. 100% cotton, nice and roomy and will easily fit any standard mat (plus a few extra bits and bobs). Handy outside pouch as well as inside pockets. Magnetic snaps make for quick packing.
9) The Ladybird Book of Mindfulness: Same vintage feel and illustrations as the Ladybird books you had when you were a kid, but don’t be fooled by the cover, this is Ladybird for grown-ups. A little chunk of satire that had me chuckling away. Lots of other good present ideas in this hilarious range, personal favourites include: The Hipster, The Student and The Dad. Much funnier than cracker jokes.
10) Hot and Cold Massage Balls: Great for giving your feet a treat or easing tight muscles after a strong practice. Can be placed in warm water or in the freezer for an extra tension-relieving boost.
12) Yogandha Post Practice Yoga Oil: Unwind after practice with this lavender and vetiver body oil. Can also be used before bed or as a massage oil. 100% natural.
13) Kindle Paperwhite: Take all your favourite yoga reads on the go on one device. No-glare screen and super long battery life. I got my Kindle a few Christmases ago and it’s been one of the most rewarding gifts I’ve ever received.
14) Organic Yoga Blanket: Classic, handwoven firm yoga blanket, the perfect prop for added support in seated postures or for the head, neck and shoulders during inversions, reclining postures and backbends. At the end of class, use it to cover up and stay cosy in savasana.
15) Light on Yoga, BKS Iyengar: Covering poses, pranayama and yogic philosophy this book is my yoga bible. Each pose is beautifully demonstrated in black and white photos of the great B.K.S Iyengar himself, whose alignment based teaching is the foundation of so much of our yoga today.
Looking for an extra special yoga gift? Why not book a yoga retreat or treat a friend to a session or two at your favourite studio.
🎄Christmas Disclaimer🎄 Presents are wonderful, but they are not essential. Essential gifts to give others (and yourself) this Christmas include: your love, kindness, gratitude and your presence.
Happy Holidays folks.