Ready for a spring recharge? Join us for an Easter Holiday special – a session of Yoga Nidra for Deep Relaxation. A chance to recharge your batteries after all those frantic Easter Egg hunts 😉 and reboot your energy levels for spring.
- Tuesday 3rd April 2018
- Braughing Community Centre
About Yoga Nidra
Yoga Nidra translates as Yogic Sleep. If you’ve never experienced this blissful practice before, it’s a little bit like an extra long savasana. Sometimes described as ‘dynamic sleep,’ Yoga Nidra uses a body scan and visualisation techniques (we’ll have a spring theme visualisation) which allows the body to deeply relax while the mind stays inwardly alert.
The Hypnagogic State
Between the states of waking and dreaming lies a state of awareness which psychologists call the hypnagogic state – it’s characterised by alpha brain waves, deep and progressive relaxation and release of muscular tension. Usually, we don’t experience much more than 3-5 minutes of this deeply restorative state, but it’s where our practice of Yoga Nidra aims to take us.
Studies on Yoga Nidra and deep relaxation have shown benefits to include:
- Lowered stress response and stress reactivity
- Reduced muscular tension
- Better regulation of hormones, blood pressure and blood glucose
- Alleviation of anxiety, depression & PTSD.
- Improvements to insomnia and sleep quality
- Alleviation of chronic pain
What to Expect
We will start with a short mindful movement sequence to loosen up and help the body prepare for relaxation. We’ll then transition into a relaxed lying position for the Yoga Nidra session which lasts approximately 30 mins.
What You’ll Need
- Warm, comfy clothes
- A warm blanket
- A pillow or folded blanket for your head/neck
- Anything else you need to feel as comfy as possibly lying down (pillows to go under knees, more blankets if you feel the cold)
- Bottle of water
- Leave your phone and spring cleaning to-do lists at home 😉
Yoga mats are provided.
Cost: £10 Adult | £8 Senior/ Full-Time Student
Limited spaces available. Book today to secure your place.